If you wish to submit a job posting, please click Here.
Please email the Alberta Dance Alliance to submit a Job Posting for publication on ADA's Website. A job posting link to the ADA website is also included in the Enews.
Medicine Hat College
Dance Instructor(s) Medicine Hat College’s non-credit dance program within the Conservatory of Music and Dance is seeking to fill the following positions to build and achieve the passion and dreams of dancers:
- Full time RAD certified ballet instructor
- Full time and part time dance instructors for ballet, competitive/recreational hip hop, tap, jazz, lyrical and/or modern classes; Additional forms of dance include musical theatre and acro
As a member of the dance team, these positions will teach dance theory, demonstrate practical techniques for classes, and observe and offer suggestions to dance students of various ages on how to improve their dance techniques. These positions will also choreograph dance pieces for performance, direct rehearsals, organize performances for the community, and support and assist the dance team with the promotion and retention strategies of the Conservatory programs.
Dance Instructor positions commence September 1, 2017. Full time positions come with an attractive benefits package. Dance Instructor positions are annually renewable subject to performance reviews and student enrolments.
Recent years’ enrolments suggest the potential for significantly more than the 700 teaching hours over 32 weeks that constitutes a full-time position at the Conservatory. Remuneration is on an hourly fee-for- student/class basis. The hourly rate of pay will be dependent upon the incumbent’s qualifications and experience.
- Relevant dance certifications; Diploma or degree within a related field is preferred
- RAD certification is required for the full time ballet instructor position
- Prior experience as a professional dancer and/or dance teacher with a versatile dance background
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- All combinations of education and experience will be considered
For complete job posting, please visit Medicine Hat College / Competition Number: 117085
Town of Beaumont
Children’s Dance Instructor (Contract)
Recreation, Parks and Culture
The Town of Beaumont is currently looking for a children’s dance instructor. This position is an opportunity to bring the joy of dance to young performer’s lives. We are seeking a candidate for the fall 2017 season who will be available Saturday mornings from 9:00am-12:00pm, with the potential for Wednesday evenings.
- Develop course material and curriculum
- Instruct classes, communicating clearly to participants
- Create a positive, encouraging, fun learning environment
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for community dance programming
- Proficient skill and knowledge in the area of instruction
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with program participants in a positive and professional manner
- Training and/or education in dance. Such as basic dance, Hip Hop, Jazz, and Ballet
- Previous experience instructing dance and working with children ages 2-11 yrs.
Conditions of employment
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Standard First Aid and CPR
The hourly wage for this contract position is determined based on education and experience.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
Community Program Coordinator
Town of Beaumont
5600 49 Street
Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
Fax #: 780-929- 8729